Summer in Meribel - a riot of colour with activities to suit everyone
Once the winter season has ended an increasing number of holiday makers are taking an Alpine break in preference to hot and overcrowded beaches. The mountain pastures are transformed from white to vivid green dotted with a 100 varieties of beautiful flowers and grazed by La Reine D’Alpes. Temperatures normally range from 20 to 30 centigrade in the warmest summer months allowing for total relaxation in the summer sun and adrenalin based sports such as all terrain mountain biking and white water rafting.
After taking part in the sporting activities why not stay in the modern spacious environment offered by Chalet Vache Bleue. Chalet A sleeps 6 people and is available for a relaxing summer break. Select "Make a Booking" tab to see prices, if you fancy a shorter or longer break or your party is less than 6, get in touch and we will prepare a quote for you.
A great holiday experience:
- Meribel provides the best access to the Vanoise National Park with 500km of marked walking trails
- The high Ridges can be easily accessed via a selection of ski lifts open for the summer season
- Spectacular mountain glaciers can be viewed from ridge summits easily reached by hikers
- Meribel is a centre for parascending and other extreme airborne sports
- There is a challenging and beautiful 18 hole golf course
- Rivers and lakes team with large fish for those who like to cast a line
- The Olympic centre provides indoor sports including swimming, ice skating, rock climbing
- Many of the restaurants in Meribel which winter visitors love re-open for the summer season.
Quick facts for cyclists
If you are interested in a Cycling holiday in Meribel, contact us and we can put you directly in touch with local operators who we work with.